I can’t say enough at how thankful I am to the couple of people that have donated to the Goldsprints FX development. To date the two donators have given $250.00 USD to the development Wow! This puts a big smile on my face. If a few people are this excited about GFX then I need to keep working on the development. I am going to use the software no matter what for my own goldsprints events. If other find it useful that is a big plus. I can’t tell you how many hours have gone into the development but it 100′s quickly approacing a thousand. I am very thankful for the donations and it inspires me to keep pushing the development further. If you find GFX useful please consider contributing to the development. Click the donate link in the side bar.
I have decided to get each new releases in the hands of kind people that make a donation before the general public. Probably a good week in advance, maybe more. I can’t think of another way to reward them for supporting the development efforts.
And with that, I feel it is necessary to give an update on the development of beta 2. I am very happy to say that I just testing the rostering system and it works without any bugs. Yipee! I am going to test everything out Friday and plan to release the beta 2 over the weekend to the people that have donated . There are still a few bells and whistles to add into the rostering system but people have events coming up next weekend, including me. So some testing is key right now.
Here is a video of the rostering system as of tonight. I am pretty happy with everything so far.
The system now has a SQLite backend. Data from the roster is save to the database so you can shut down and launch again without losing any racers or their times. Currently name, time, and gender make up the roster. If people race more than once only their best time is kept. It is very easy to sort on the times, gender or names if you like.
A few features that will be in the beta 2.1 release over the next couple of weeks include:
- Jumping to next/previous race from the winner screen. This will keep the roster screen away from the audience as much as possible.
- Some kind of ‘Standing’ screen so you can see the top racers. Kind of like a top 10 list for both male and female racers.
- The ability to have more than one race in the system. You can’t add multiple events at this time. Just one.
- Add in wins/loses on an event level. In addition to name, best time, and gender, win/loses will also show.
- Auto load races with a single button click. Take the entire roster, randomize it based on gender then load them to the race list.
- There are a few usability things that would help. A few are not allowing deletion of a user if they are added to the race list. Updating a racers name and gender after they have been added. A handful of others and any suggestions from users have.
I can’t think of anything else I want to add into the rostering system. If you have some requests that you have not posted yet let me know. Donating members look for beta 2 this weekend. Everyone else in a few weeks.